Last week I had the pleasure of interviewing Julie Cole, mama of six and co-founder of Mabel’s Labels. She joined me to talk about ways to support moms to say NO in our lives.
As hard as it is at times, we moms gotta say no—A LOT.
Julie shares how to stay motivated, firm, kind, and consistent as we say NO.
I loved everything she shared, even though I squirmed in my seat when she talked about ways that we enable our kids—I’ve done it all myself.
I especially love how she talks about schools that have an “enable table” for forgotten lunches and sweaters.
In this video you’ll learn:
- How to set clear limits with your kids
- Tips for saying no to others in your life (ie. At work, with friends)
- How to have your children take more responsibility for themselves
- What to add to your “Not to do list”
- The best response for a child who whines about doing chores
- Proactive ways to manage mom guilt
Julie made me laugh so hard and she also reminded me we always have time to do the things that are important to us.
What are you saying ‘no’ to these days? Let’s chat, in the comments below.
Saying YES to you mamas,